Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 10
1. Location: 30th & Ernest St.
N 41º 19.500" W 95º 57.471"
2. Date of inspection: June 2, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 100.3 m x 7.6 m
4. Type of site: retaining wall for parking lot
5. Type of wasting: creep
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: trees/grasses
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: damage to retaining wall. Braced supports put up on one wall. Potential minor damage to sidewalk with time.
Link to Omaha North page
Link to Homepage