Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 11
1. Location: 5709 N 42nd St. (42nd & Sorenson Pkwy)
N 41º 18.648" W 95º 58.512"
2. Date of inspection: June 8, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 15 m x 23 m
4. Type of site: erosional slope
5. Type of mass wasting or accelerated erosion: debris fall, creep
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: trees/shrubs
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: continued erosion, possible stabilization by vegetation.
Link to Omaha North page
Link to Homepage