Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 16
1. Location: Underwood Ave. & Happy Hollow Blvd.
N 41º 15.895" W 95º 59.790"
2. Date of inspection: June 8, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 18 m x 22 m
4. Type of site: dwonstream of drainage culvert
5. Type of mass wasting and accelerated erosion: fluvial undercutting and slump
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: mainly wooded
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: continued erosion, loss of trees
Link to Omaha North page
Link to Homepage