Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 9
1. Location: Highway 36 at trailer park entrance
N 41º 20.605" W 95º 58.451"
2. Date of inspection: June 2, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 9.1 m x 9.1 m
4. Type of site: drainage basin
5. Type of wasting or accelerated erosion: undercutting during storms, and minor sheetwash
6. Type of geologic material: fill
7. Vegetation at site: mainly grasses
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: new culvert will help with drainage, riprap installed to prevent further erosion during high flow periods.
Link to Omaha north page
Link to Homepage