Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha South Quadrangle: Site 14
1. Location: railroad bridge located 150ft north of 36th and I
N 41º 13.051" W 95º 57.981"
2. Date of inspection: June 23,1997
3. Dimensions of site: 23 m x 25 m
4. Type of site: train bridge support
5. Type of mass wasting &/or accelerated erosion: creep/debris slide, erosion (likely to road runoff) along bridge abuttments
6. Type of geologic material: loess/unknown
7. Vegetation at site: none
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: damage to bridge approach. Note placement or pavement and concrete fragments to try and mitigate erosion. Note debris on side walk.
Link to Omaha South page
Link to Homepage