Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha South Quadrangle: Site 16
1. Location: Z St. between 24th St and 25th St
N 41º 11.856" W 95º 56.761"
2. Date of inspection: June 23,1997
3. Dimensions of site: wall 14.3 m x 3 m---parking lot 13.7 m x 3 m
4. Type of site: retaining wall/parking lot undercut
5. Type of mass wasting and accelerated erosion: creep and sheetwash
6. Type of geologic material: unknown
7. Vegetation at site: grass
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: damage to retaining wall and parking lot if left untreated
Link to Omaha South page
Link to Homepage