Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha South Quadrangle: Site 17
1. Location: 25th St & Z St
N 41º 11.897" W 95º 56.962"
2. Date of inspection: June 23,1997
3. Dimensions of site: 1.8 m x 12.2 m
4. Type of site: old slope cut for lot flattening
5. Type of accelerated erosion: sheet wash and minor gullies
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: grass/trees
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: continued erosion
Link to Omaha South page
Link to Homepage