Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erositon sites.
Omaha South Quadrangle: Site 4
1. Location: 4430 S 16th St. (16th St. & J St.)
N 41º 13.079" W 95º 56.136"
2. Date of inspection: June 16, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 3 m x 14 m
4. Type of site: residential slope damaged property
5. Type of accelerated erosion: sheet wash slope erosion, with incipient gullies
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: grasses/weeds
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: minor erosion and slump. Loess can maintain steep slopes.
Link to Omaha South page
Link to Homepage