Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha South Quadrangle: Site 8
1. Location: 38th St. & Martha St.
N 41º 14.283" W 95º 58.111"
2. Date of inspection: June 23,1997
3. Dimensions of feature:18 m x 1 m
4. Type of site: retaining wall at base of hill slope
5. Type of mass wasting: creep
6. Type of geologic material: fill
7. Vegetation at site: grass/shrubs
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: damage to retaining wall, compromise of sidewalk as thoroughfare
Link to Omaha South page
Link to Homepage