Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 10
1. Location: Keystone trail, south of railroad bridge
N 41º 11.475" W 96º 00.467"
2. Date of inspection: July 6, 1997
3. Dimensions of feature: 220 x 8 m
4. Type of site: drainage basin
5. Type of mass wasting and or accelerated erosion: erosion on cut bank of channelized stream
6. Type of geologic material: alluvium
7. Vegetation at site: grasses on bank
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: Continued meander development may generate slope instability
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage