Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 4
1. Location: F st near 72 behind Nashfinch Co.
N 41º 13.005" W 96º 01.647"
2. Date of inspection: July 5, 1997
3. Dimensions of site/feature: 100s of square meters, untreated gully 2 m x 5 m
4. Type of site: train tracks along slope
5. Type of wasting: gully erosion
6. Type of geologic material: loess/fill
7. Vegetation at site: grass
8. Age/activity of site: Present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: Some gullies have been filled with large blocks of rock to prevent further development. Potential damage to railroad tracks where gullies are left untreated (see bottom photograph below).
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage