Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 6
1. Location: 8200 Serum Ave. by creek that flows through Wildewood Park
N 41º 11.881" W 96º 02.216"
2. Date of inspection: July 5, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 180 m x 14 m
4. Type of site: engineered drainage ditch
5. Type of accelerated erosion: slope rilles and local bank erosion
6. Type of geologic material: fill/loess
7. Vegetation at site: grass
8. Age/activity of site: Present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: Stream armored in lower portion to prevent undercutting and slope failure (image 2).
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage