Black Hills Field Trip
11399 to 1141 GEOL 2500 Spec Topics
in Geog-Geology (1 credit)
We meet for 3 pre-trip meetings during
Field trip: May 10th-19th.
The Black Hills is a geologic paradise and the trip
- visit to Devils Tower.
- visit to the Hot Springs Mammoth site.
- visits to pegmatite mines with individual
crystals larger than you are.
- visit of the Homestake Gold Mine.
- tours of the undeveloped sections of Wind
and/or Jewel cave.
- hike through the Harney Peak granite to Harney
- visit to the Big Badlands National Park.
- on the way back we will go through the Nebraska
- and much more!
Intended audience: This trip is meant for
anybody with an interest in the geosciences.
Cost: one credit tuition and food on the trip.
Transportation provided. We will be camping. If you have any questions
please contact any of the below:
- Dr. George Engelmann, 554 4804, firstname.lastname@example.org,
DSC rm 267.
- Dr. Harmon Maher, 554 4807, email@example.com,
DSC rm 266.
- Dr. Robert Shuster, 554 2457, firstname.lastname@example.org,
DSC rm 265.