Items to bring on the trip
This is not an exhaustive list.
For field work.
- day pack.
- at least two water bottles of good capacity.
- sun block.
- field note book and writing implement.
- clip board optional but helpful
- your maps.
- sun glasses.
- good field boots with ankle support.
- hand lens optional but suggested.
- camera optional, but highly recommended.
For other times:
- photo ID.
- any necessary medicines, or prescriptions.
- sleeping bag and pad.
- appropriate clothes. The layer approach works
well. It could rain.
- swim suit (if plan to use swimming pool).
- eating implements.
- small flashlight.
- laundry bag of some type.
- a towel.
Back packs or duffel bags work well for packing
away in the cars. Suitcases do not.