Groundwater use - Environmental geology
Water well construction:
- drilling methods.
- components: casing, screening, gravel pack, bentonite
seal, grouting, surface cover.
- draw down cone - factors that determine geometry of?
- pump test, yield and transmissivity
- composite cones, and well fields
Concerns associated with intensive withdrawal:
- depletion case histories: case history in Chicago area,
recharge rates, age of water.
- subsidence: causes, amounts, case histories (Houston
area, San Joaquin in CA).
Return to index page for environmental
geology course. Return to homepage
of H. D. Maher Jr..