Possible budget items:
- Chemical analysis of a rock - $70 per sample.
- Age Dating of a volcanic rock or charcoal sample - $250 per sample.
- Analysis of gas sample composition - $20 per sample.
- field station seismograph - $5,000
- computer and software for seismic network - $10,000.
- tiltmeters - $2,000
- laser theodelites for surveying - $5,000 a piece.
- high resolution GPS unit for geodetic measurements $15,000
- vehicle for field work (4WD) - $25,000.
- magnetometer - $5,000
- drill rig for taking shallow core samples - $10,000.
- Spectrometer for analyzing gas compositions - $20,000
- senior volcanologist - $50,000/year
- senior geophysicist - $60,000/year
- 'junior' volcanologist or geophysicist - $38,000
- student internships - $12,000/year
- secretary - $20,000/year
- Helicopter flying time: $1,500 an hour.
- Trailor to house facilities: $15,000.
- Rental of office space: $1,000 a month.
- Air photo imagery of volcano $3,000