Suggestions for Portfolio assignment:
Remember your role is not to be advocates,
but to be impartial evaluators.
There is not one organization. Below is just
a suggestion of some elements, in a rough temporal order:
- Short introductory description of portfolio
scenario and location.
- Brief description of organization of talk.
- Important general considerations from human/environmental
perspective given this particular scenario.
- Physical, political and cultural landscape
of the chosen country.
- Specific major challenges/concerns to be
- This should be very specific to your country.
- Case histories that demonstrate the nature
of the concern would be useful here.
- Could organize concerns into those related
to: a) physical environment, b) legal environment, c) cultural
- Resources, opportunities that exist in the
context of this endeavor.
- Possible comparison to other existing and
sucessful or not so sucessful endeavors in other countries (this
could be looked at earlier).
- If appropriate, a recommendation of a course
of action, with two or three main supporting arguments.
- For the written version you will need a list
of information sources.