Assignment #1: Lines
Place all of these elements on a single page. Save as a compressed png24 file using Save for Web and Devices.
- Choose a state from this map of the eastern half of the US. This map is in a raster JPEG format that is composed of pixels. The map can be copied and pasted into Illustrator. Once opened in a browser, it can be copied and pasted into Illustrator.
- After you have chosen a state, increase the size of the image, either by dragging on the corner points or using the Scale Tool. Sizing Illustrator Elements || Scale Tool
- Reduce the opacity of the map by selecting the graphic and reducing the number under the Opacity setting on top.
- Background instruction: Selection Tools || Distinction between fill and stroke || Object stacking and grouping || Isolation mode
- Pencil tool. Distinction between fidelity and smoothness.
- Pen tool. We're not using bezier curves on this assignment.
- Outline your selected state using a combination of the pencil and pen tools. Click on the last point to continue the line.
- Rotate tool. Rotate the state so that it is relatively straight.
- Text tool. Label the state.
- Double line. Create a double line within the state.
- Dashed line. Create a dashed line within the state.
- Arrow. Add line with arrow in map.
- Text along path. Add a river line and label along the path.
- Add a railroad line.
- Add a line of dots.