Choose an attribute field you would like to display.
For map #1:
Style using “graduated symbols”
- Find this option in the layer properties/style dialogue
- We want to represent percent of county populations, so click the Equation symbol next to the column selector. Divide your selected column by the county population and multiply by 100. For example (WIDOWED_CY/TOTPOP_CY)*100
- Change method from color to size
- Adjust size range of your point symbols. Unit should be "Points." Select 5 for classes. Select a classification method. Make sure your highest value is represented by the biggest point size.
Style point symbols’ color, outline color, and transparency
Style counties in greyish with white outlines
Style state outlines
- Export map and legend to PDF. Remember to reproject Alaska and Hawaii before exporting them.
Create map layout in Illustrator. Add engaging design elements.