Chapter 8: Computer Animation
- What is the distinction between frame-based and cast-baed animation? Which type is a satellite weather animation? Cartoon?
- Which type of animation is the easiest to create?
- What is the distinction between presentation programs, card- or page-based programs, and movie editing programs? Which type of program can implement a hypermedia linking structure?
- What is an "oscillating movie?"
- Define the terms 'cel,' 'tweening,' and 'key frame.'
- What is the relationship between cartographic animation and digital video?
- Is digital video interactive?
- What is the relationship between a map and hyperspace?
- What is meant by a "special effect" in a movie editing program?
- What is a sprite? Color cycling?
- What is scripting and why is it necessary in cast-based animation?
- Some animation programs use the metaphor of a stage. Why?
- Describe the lathing and extrude operations in three-dimensional modelling.
- What is rendering? Describe some different approaches to this process.
- Which approach (frame-based or cast-based) is most appropriate in cartography?