Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 1
1. Location: 3/10 of a mile North of Coast Guardstation on J.J. PershingDr.
N 41º 21.384" W 95º 57.612"
2. Date of inspection: June 1, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 61 m x 57 m
4. Type of site: road cut
5. Type of wasting: debris slide
6. Type of geologic material: loess/glacial till
7. Vegetation at site: trees/grasses/steep slopes bare
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: loess can maintain high slopes.
Link to Omaha North page
Link to Homepage