Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 13
1. Location: 2749 N 48th St (48th St. and Maple St.)
N 41º 17.097" W 95º 59.024"
2. Date of inspection: June 8, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 50 m long
4. Type of site: retaining wall
5. Type of mass wasting: creep
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: grass
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: continued creep and eventual wall failure
Link to Omaha North page
Link to Homepage