Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 4
1. Location: JJ Pershing Dr. 100 yds from entrance at Copper Hollow
N 41º 22.161" W 95º 57.294"
2. Date of inspection: June 1, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 45 m x 21 m at top and another 45. m x 45 m at bottom
4. Type of site: erosional bluff
5. Type of wasting or accelerated erosion: sheet wash, debris fall
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: not much, see image below
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: potential
Link to Omaha north page
Link to Homepage