Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 6
1. Location: 34th and Calhoun Rd.
N 41º 20.988" W 95º 58.308"
2. Date of inspection: June 1, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 1.5 m x 23 m
4. Type of site: retaining wall
5. Type of mass wasting: creep
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: trees and shrubs, overgrown
8. Age/activity of site: present and active, wall 12 yrs old
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: potential wall failure
Link to Omaha north page
Link to Homepage