Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Omaha North Quadrangle: Site 8
1. Location: Highway 75, half mile north of Interstate 680
N 41º 21.048" W 96º 00.014"
2. Date of inspection: June 2, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 402 m long
4. Type of site: construction/road cut
5. Type of accelerated erosion: sheet erosion
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: none
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: future erosion probable
Link to Omaha north page
Link to Homepage