Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erositon sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 11
1. Location: Keystone trail
N 41º 12.071" W 96º 00.940"
2. Date of inspection: July 6, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 14 m x 6 m
4. Type of site: stream channelized for flood control
5. Type of mass wasting and accelerated erosion: cut bank erosion and consequent slumping
6. Type of geologic material: alluvium
7. Vegetation at site: grasses
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: continued development could destabilize engineered slopes.
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage