Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 2
1. Location: bridge at Interstate 680 and center St.
N 41º 14.001" W 96º 05.127"
2. Date of inspection: June 30, 1997
3. Dimensions of feature: 3 m x 15 m
4. Type of site: construction on bridge abutment
5. Type of wasting: gully erosion accelerated erosion
6. Type of geologic material: fill
7. Vegetation at site: grass
8. Age/activity of site: Present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: Potential damage to road if gullies continue to develop. Note armoring of drainage below slope.
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage