Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Ralston Quadrangle: Site 8
1. Location: mass wasting starts at Sky Park Dr. and goes till Z street
N 41º 11.744" W 96º 07.229"
2. Date of inspection: July 5, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: 220 m x 4 m
4. Type of site: drainage basin
5. Type of accelerated erosion: gully formation from urban runoff
6. Type of geologic material: fill/loess?
7. Vegetation at site: none on site of activity
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: fencing has been constucted as sediment traps to reduce washout.
Link to Ralston page
Link to Homepage