Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Loveland Quadrangle: Site 1
1. Location: 13130 Calhoun Rd.
N 41º 22.596" W 95º 59.870"
2. Date of inspection: May 31, 1997.
3. Dimensions of site: 150 by 20 m
4. Type of site: construction/drainage basin
5. Type of feature: gully erosion
6. Type of geologic material: fill/loess
7. Vegetation at site: grasses/weeds
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other info including potential damage, intervention, etc: none
Above shows growth of vegetation on construction site on 9/20/97. In spring this bare earth was exposed up to the road.
Link to Loveland page
Link to Homepage