Urban geology database for the Omaha area - mass wasting and accelerated erosion sites.
Loveland Quadrangle: Site 3
1. Location: Between 12704 and 12520 N. 48 St.
N 41º 22.402" W 95º 59.093"
2. Date of inspection: May 31, 1997
3. Dimensions of site: along both sides of the road
4. Type of site: road cut
5. Type of wasting: gully erosion and small scale slump
6. Type of geologic material: loess
7. Vegetation at site: trees/locally bare slope
8. Age/activity of site: present and active
9. Other including potential damage, intervention, etc: potential damage/none yet
Link to Loveland page
Link to home page